Author: Day by Day
•1/20/2011


In my grade school years, there is this one poem that my teacher made us memorize. I still remember some part of that poem (though not its title) and it made me appreciative of the things around me.

This is how I remember it...

I KNOW A PLACE
WHERE NO ONE EVER GOES
THERE'S PEACE AND QUIET
BEAUTY AND REPOSE
IT'S HIDDEN IN THE VALLEY
BESIDE THE MOUNTAIN STREAM
AND LYING THERE BESIDE THE STREAM
I FIND THAT I CAN DREAM
ONLY OF THINGS
OF BEAUTY TO THE EYES
SNOW-PEAKED MOUNTAIN
TOW'RING TO THE SKIES
NOW, I KNOW THAT GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR ME.

I CAN IMAGINE
MYSELF AS IN A DREAM
CLIMBING THAT MOUNTAIN
AND DOWN THAT SMALL RAVINE
THE MAGIC OF THIS PEACE AND QUIET
EVER SHALL STAY
TO MAKE THIS PLACE A HEAVEN
EACH AND EVERY DAY
OH, HOW I WISH
I NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE
AND ALL MY LIFE
SUCH BEAUTY TO RECEIVE
NOW, I KNOW THAT GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR ME.
This entry was posted on 1/20/2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: